Frequently Asked Questions
Selling a home can happen in a variety of ways. We like to help direct your hand to the “easy button” when trying to sell your home. We have a team of experienced home buyers that will walk you through every step of the process to make it as hassle free as possible. No matter if you are facing foreclosure, have bills piling up or just need to get rid of your home as quick as possible. Give us a call, we can help. If you need more answers before making the call, read below to see some of our more commonly asked home-selling questions.
Q. Who typically sells houses to Modessent Homes?
A. That’s one of our most frequently asked questions, and it has a simple answer. No situation is exactly the same, but most people sell their houses to us for the following reason:
- Needing to sell inherited property quickly
- Wanting to unload rental property with problematic renters
- Relocating to another area
- Going through a divorce and needing to liquidate assets
- Being behind on mortgage payments or facing foreclosure
- Not wanting to invest time or money into making necessary repairs
The most common trait people who sell to Modessent Homes is the need to sell a house fast to a respected, honest homebuyer that will ensure a quick, hassle free sale. We do just that. Fast. Hassle Free. Home buying.
Q. How does the house buying process work?
A. When it comes to home selling questions, the answer to this one always puts homeowners in need of selling at ease. Here’s how our process works:
- Give us some brief information about your house by calling us at 801-628-3850, or filling out and submitting our website contact form.
- A Modessent Homes representative will contact you quickly to arrange a visit to your house.
- Our home buying agent will explain the entire selling process to you and answer all of your questions before evaluating the condition of your house and making a fair cash offer.
- If you accept our no-obligation cash offer, we’ll quickly set up a closing date so you get cash in your hand and out of your home fast!
Q. Will you pay market value for my house?
A. After answering your home selling questions and evaluating the condition of your house, our home buying agent will make a fair, no-obligation all cash offer on your house discounted from the expected retail value after a full renovation. Our agents will buy your house, but only at a price below market value so it can resell after renovations for a profit. However, our agent will pay cash for your house, take care of normal closing costs, and close quickly so you can move on fast. These are conveniences that all add up to a great deal for just about any homeowner in any situation.
Q. How do you determine the exact price you’ll pay for my house?
A. Our home buying agent will consider a variety of factors when determining a cash price for your house. Prior to your consultation and answering your questions, our agent will evaluate:
- The current condition of your house
- The cost and extent of repairs and renovations required
- The amount of time it will take to complete needed repairs and renovations
- The retail value of your house compared to others in the area after completing repairs and renovations
- The amount of real estate commissions required to sell the house after repairs and renovations
- The cost of maintaining the house during repairs and renovations until it’s ready to put on the market, including insurance, taxes, loan payments, utilities, and more
Q. Will I have to pay a fee for you to visit and make an offer on my house?
A. Absolutely not. You won’t have to pay a dime to have one of our home buying agents answer your questions, visit your house, or make an all cash offer for your house.
Q. Can you answer more of my questions if they aren’t listed here?
A. Sure! We’d be happy to answer any other question about selling your home that you may have. Please contact us through our website or give us a call toll free at 801-628-3850 to speak personally with one of our home buying experts anytime.